Our vision is to “Empower people to lead fulfilling lives” by reducing social isolation, empowering people to stand up for their rights and improve people’s self-esteem. We help people & communities build supportive networks, friendships and work together effectively for the good of all.
Independent Advocacy is a registered charity, covering Coventry, Solihull, Warwickshire and other locations in England.
We have three key areas of work:
Helping communities by bringing people together to solve problems through:-
- Bedworth Community Corner – supporting people
- Bedworth Community Corner Charity Shop
- Volunteers, Internships and Work Experience
Enabling people to exercise their rights and make informed decisions
- Solihull First Advocacy – in partnership with Solihull Action Through Advocacy
- Parental Advocacy
- Private Advocacy
- Adult Supervised Visits
- Nearest Relative Service
- Corporate Appointee – Looking after the benefits and pension for those unable to do it themselves
- Court of Protection and Deputyship
Our trained and qualified staff specialise in the areas of mental health, learning disabilities and older people, although we are an all age, all people organisation.
We believe that we are stronger together and love working with like-minded people and organisations to bring about change through formal and informal partnerships.